Registrations have now closed as this event has reached capacity.
If you would like to be waitlisted for this seminar, please call the AIBS office on 1300 312 427 or email: email@example.com
Join Lucinda Curran from ECO Health Solutions, Stephen Kip from SKIP Consulting and Jeremy Turner, AIBS National Technical Manager for a full day seminar taking a close look at dampness, weatherproofing and fire separation, particularly focussed on cladding.
The topics to be covered regarding weatherproofing include:
• A detailed analysis of building biology and how this relates to current NCC BCA 2016 provisions related to weatherproofing, dampness and condensation
• A working understanding of the features / conditions conducive to adverse dampness and weatherproofing outcomes (water damaged buildings);
• A detailed understanding of what the code says is needed;
• A detailed understanding of what this means in terms of likely performance in service;
• A working understanding of practical steps that can derive good results; and
• Knowledge of where building surveyors should be leading designers, developers and the public in relation to this aspect of building work.
The topics to be covered regarding fire include:
• What’s coming in the BCA 2016 Amendment One
• What you should know about the Senate Inquiry findings as they relate to building surveying practice
• The Building Minister’s Forum and regulatory responses to non-conforming product and combustible cladding use
• An overview of the risks involved from a building fire and life safety viewpoint
• Case studies of Australian cladding fires and an analysis of the performance of buildings involved
• The requirements related to low rise domestic / residential buildings including
o attached two storey buildings cantilevered over ground floor
o attached two storey buildings with separating walls spanning over common property or garages.
• Implications for inspection and other means of compliance verification
• Interactive discussion on evidence of suitability, systems documentation and construction verification document requirements
Event Timetable: 1 May 2018*
*event timetable and content may be subject to change
Dampness and Weatherproofing Morning Session 1:
The science of dampness
NCC BCA DTS requirements
Dampness impacted buildings
9:00 - 10:30 AM
|Dampness and Weatherproofing Morning Session 2:
Verification of performance
Dampness case studies
Dampness and the law
Interactive panel discussion
|10:50 AM - 12:20 PM
|Fire Separation Afternoon Session 1:
Identification of combustible cladding problems
Application of NCC Amendment One
What’s behind Amendment One
|1:05 - 2:35 PM
Fire Separation Afternoon Session 2:
Low rise residential buildings
Detailing for fire separation
Future directions in fire safety
Interactive panel session
2:55 - 4:25 PM
||Price (All Prices Inclusive of GST)
|AIBS Student Member
Pricing is automatically set for you depending on your membership status with AIBS. If you have any queries or believe you are receiving the wrong price, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Terms and Conditions
By registering for any training event or conference, you accept and agree to these terms and conditions.
All registrations are confirmed upon completion of registration and issue of an invoice.
Payment terms on all invoices are the earlier of 14 days from the date of invoice, or prior to the first day of the event (where the registration is completed and invoice issued less than 14 days from the first day of the event).
Any cancellation of registrations must be made in writing to email@example.com. A failure to make payment in accordance with the above payment terms will not be accepted as a valid cancellation.
Refunds will be provided for cancellations as follows:
o More than 30 days before the first day of the event – Full Refund
o Between 7 and 30 days before the first day of the event – 50% Refund
o Less than 7 days before the first day of the event – No Refund
Participants may request in writing to transfer their registration to another event or session, up to 1 working day prior to the first day of the event for which they are registered, without any penalty.
Registrations cannot be split for different delegates on different sessions.
For all AIBS training events, minimum numbers must be met prior to the date to proceed.
This training is provided and hosted by the Australian Institute of Building Surveyors for the purpose of education and information. Views expressed by presenters and contributors are not necessarily endorsed by the AIBS. No responsibility is accepted by the AIBS for the accuracy of information presented at such training and conferences, or contained in written material provided to attendees at such training and conferences. The information and material presented is intended as informative only, and should not be relied upon without having first obtained professional advice, and no responsibility is accepted by the AIBS for any liability whatsoever to any person for any act done in reliance, whether partially or wholly, on the information presented or written material provided at any training or conferences. No part of any written material may be reproduced, copied or duplicated without the express written consent of the AIBS and the author.
Please note that you must be logged into your aibs.com.au account to be able to register for this event. You do not need to be an AIBS member to have an account on aibs.com.au. The option to register will become available when you have logged in.