About this Event Thursday 29 February 2024
We recognise the dynamic landscape surrounding electric vehicles, especially when integrated into existing buildings and the resultant fire risks that this brings. Following the success of recent presentations at various state chapter conferences, AIBS is pleased to once again host Matt Booth, Senior Fire Safety Consultant at Warringtonfire, to delve into their recent research on this crucial subject.
This session aims to explore the inherent risks associated with electric vehicles and, more significantly, charging stations within pre-existing buildings. Recent notable fire incidents involving mobile phones, hoverboards, a three-day fire in Victoria, and recalls of electric bus fleets underscore the immediate and tangible risks that Building Surveyors should be mindful of.
Considering the projected one million EVs expected on New South Wales roads by 2030, these risks will intensify over time as EV adoption increases nationally. The discussion will encompass critical aspects such as the correlation between fire occurrences and charging stations, fundamental knowledge about EVs, including lithium-ion batteries, thermal runaway, and the potential dangers associated with toxic vapor cloud emissions and their explosion risks.
For those who have attended conferences on EVs, this serves as an excellent opportunity to refresh your understanding of the genuine risks. As building surveyors, it is imperative to grasp these considerations when approving EV charging stations within buildings.
| Zoom Webinar
| via AIBS online process
| 12:00pm - 1:00pm AEDT
| Thursday 29February 2024
| 1 Type B
| Midday Monday 26 February unless it reaches capacity prior
Our events fill quickly, so please register today so you do not miss out! If the event reaches capacity, registrations will close immediately. If you cannot register due to the event closure, please send an email to [email protected] to be placed on the waitlist.
If you have any issues with accessing Zoom or are a first time user, please click here for frequently asked questions.
The link that you will receive to attend this AIBS webinar will not allow users to view from multiple devices. Please ensure that all wanting to attend the webinar have registered through the AIBS registration page to receive a valid link.
Please note that payment is due before the date of the webinar so we are able to distribute the link.
Those not registered through the AIBS registration will not be able to view content.
Your attendance will be recorded and you must be presented during the webinar to be allocated CPD. CPD points will be allocated for the length of time you attended the event.
To receive the CPD points for this webinar event, please ensure that you are logged in using the same email address that you received the webinar link to.
So you can be recognised as attending, you must also use your first and last name associated with your AIBS account. Don’t use names like iPhone, or Guest.
If you want to watch this in a group setting, please contact AIBS before the event to arrange. If arrangements are not made before the event, and individuals are not registered as above, no CPD will be allocated as the individual will be listed as a no show.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or need any assistance with logging in to the webinar. It is crucial to your CPD allocation that this is done correctly, we are more than happy to assist
About the Speaker
Matt Booth - Senior Fire Safety Consultant, Warringtonfire
Matt is a senior fire safety consultant at Warringtonfire in Sydney. He is responsible for completing fire safety engineering assessments and preparing performance solution reports for a wide range of new and existing buildings – including residential, office buildings, retail buildings, and health and educational facilities.
Prior to his employment at Warringtonfire, he worked for a product developer and supplier in the fire industry with experience in R&D, sales and project management.
Matt completed his Master’s thesis on the topic of fire protection of lithium-ion battery systems within buildings which carries across a lot of relevant information to the topic of electric vehicles. He has also remained highly involved in Warringtonfire's response to the emerging hazard that electronic vehicles represent in building design and continually seeks the newest information on this topic.
29 November 2024
1 type B CPD points
| Price (all prices inclusive of GST)
Register Your Attendance
- To register your attendance for this event, you must be logged into your AIBS account.
- Once logged in, scroll down to the bottom and click 'Register Myself'.
- If you do not already have an account setup, you can set one up by clicking 'Create Account'.
- If you have an account however, unsure of your login details, please email [email protected] or phone the AIBS office on 1300 312 427.
- If you have an existing account and are a current financial AIBS member, please do not create a new account as this will only create a duplicate account and not carry across your membership therefore, you will not receive AIBS member rates for registration.
Important Event Terms & Conditions
|Registration & Cancellation Policy
- All outstanding invoices must be paid before registering your attendance for any AIBS events. If you are unsure, please contact the AIBS office to confirm.
- All registrations are for a single delegate for the entire day, no individual session registrations accepted.
- CPD points will only be awarded to the registered delegate.
- Full event registrations cannot be split for different delegates on different days.
- Day registrations cannot be split for different delegates on different sessions.
Refunds will be provided for cancellations made in writing as follows:
Any cancellation of a registration for AIBS events must be made in writing to [email protected]
- More than 30 days before the first day of the event - full refund
- Between 7 and 30 days before the first day of the event - 50% refund
- Less than 7 days before the first day of the event - no refund.
- All registrations are confirmed upon completion of registration via the AIBS online registration system.
- All invoices will generate a payment term of 14 days from the date of registration however, please note that payment for a registration must be made prior to attending.
- In the circumstance where payment cannot be made prior to the event, please contact [email protected] as soon as possible to notify.
- Any cancellation of a registration for AIBS events must be made in writing to [email protected]
- A failure to make payment in accordance with the above terms will not be accepted as a valid cancellation.
- 'No Show's - not showing up to an event does not cancel an existing invoice and therefore, must be paid.
AIBS Attendance Certificate
Please note that you will not automatically receive an attendance certificate for this event. AIBS CPD record your attendance at any of our face to face training events, webinars or AIBSTV.
However, if you need a certificate of attendance for your own records, please email [email protected] and your certificate will be sent via email.
When preparing your AIBS CPD Return, you are not required to provide a certificate of attendance for AIBS events, as your attendance is already recorded by our staff. When completing your CPD return please note the date and name of the event, and AIBS staff will verify your attendance against our records. This will save you having to find and collate your attendance certificates over your CPD year. Please note that for non-AIBS events your evidence of attendance is required
Please Note the Following
- Dates may appear in American format depending on you internet browser language settings. This event will be held on [day/date/month/year]. To change the browser language to the correct dates, please click here.
- You must be signed in to see the correct pricing.
- The pricing that is offered to you is dependent upon your AIBS membership status. If you feel the price that is shown for you is incorrect, please contact the office on 1300 312 427 for assistance.
- You must answer all questions marked with an asterisk and click "Save Responses" in order to complete your registration and proceed to checkout.
- Please note that upon registration you will receive an automated order confirmation. For details on how to access your invoice or receipt, please refer to our help guide.
- Registration will remain open until [day/date/month/year] unless capacity is reached prior to this date.
- The link will not be provided to those that have not paid for their registration.
- AIBS is not responsible for attendees who are unable to access or view the live-streaming due to their internet connection therefore, please ensure you have stable internet connection for smooth, uninterrupted viewing of the presentations. Google Chrome is the recommended internet browser.
This event is provided and hosted by the Australian Institute of Building Surveyors for the purpose of education and information. Views expressed by presenters and contributors are not necessarily endorsed by the AIBS. No responsibility is accepted by the AIBS for the accuracy of information presented at such training and events, or contained in written material provided to attendees at such training and events. The information and material presented is intended as informative only, and should not be relied upon without having first obtained professional advice, and no responsibility is accepted by the AIBS for any liability whatsoever to any person for any act done in reliance, whether partially or wholly, on the information presented or written material provided at any training or events. No part of any written material may be reproduced, copied or duplicated without the express written consent of the AIBS and the author.