Several different levels of membership are available, which means that there is a place for you in AIBS from when you start studying Building Surveying and right through your retirement. The different types of membership are as follows:
- Member: For qualified Australian Building Surveyors
- Student: For those studying their first Building Surveying qualification
- Retired: For those who no longer work more than 7.5 hours per week
- Associate: For those associated with the Building Surveying profession
- International Associate: For Building Surveyors from outside Australia
Furthermore, those who have given dedicated and ongoing service to AIBS and to the profession of Building Surveying may be nominated for elevation to the status of Fellow or Life Fellow.
The fees for the different membership types for the 2017-2018 year are as follows:
- Member, Associate and Fellow: $499.00 (incl. GST)
- Retired: $50.00 (incl. GST)
- Student Fee: $60.00 (incl. GST)*
- International Associate: $250.00 (incl. GST)
*A reduced annual membership fee applies for students once evidence of current enrolment in a Building Surveying course is supplied.
Following graduation and upon application to full membership, students may claim reimbursement for up to four years of paid student membership fees against their first year of full membership.
Many of our members are due for renewal on 1 July. They will have received a letter from AIBS National President Timothy Tuxford regarding this, which can be downloaded below.