Assistant Building Surveyor | VIC
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
SFC Consulting is a well-established business that has been operating for over 25 years. Our office located in Berwick Victoria, services all Victorian Commercial, Industrial & Residential projects.
About the role
The ideal candidate will be employed in the capacity of an Assistant Building Surveyor and based on experience, will be responsible for assessing Building Permit applications for residential, commercial and industrial projects, responding to technical queries from clients, carrying out inspections and preparing associated forms, reports, notices and orders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Possess sound knowledge and understanding of relevant Act/Regulations & Building Code of Australia
- General knowledge of the building industry
- Ability to provide regulatory advice to clients including builders, contractors, developers, architects and engineers on the requirements of the Building Act, Regulations and Codes
- Carry out, where necessary, mandatory inspections and general inspections as directed
- Assisting in the processing and issuing of permits under regulations
You will need:
- Diploma/Degree in Building Surveying
- Excellent communication skills – liaising with clients, builders, relevant authorities and government departments.
- Time management skills are a must
- A current Australian Driver's Licence
- Be a current Australian Resident
- Previous work experience within the industry is required
- Understanding of computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and database systems (Permassist will be highly regarded)
Salary will be negotiated upon experience and will include - Company Car, Fuel Card Allowance & Mobile Phone.
For further information please contact us via email at: email@example.com