Building Surveyor | NSW
Lane Cove Council
70,000 - 85,000
48 Longueville Road
Lane Cove NSW 2066
- Your continued development is our priority
- 35hrs per week (9-day fortnight)
- Lease-back vehicle
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an innovative Council seeking to make a positive difference in the community you support? We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, experienced and suitably qualified Building Surveyor to join our team on a full-time basis. Located on the Lower North Shore, our leafy green suburb has a vibrant and diverse village atmosphere. We aim to provide "best value" community services and facilities whilst promoting the principles of ecologically sustainable development.
If you are open to fresh ideas, committed to progressing new initiatives and driven to provide the very best service to our community, we want to hear from you.
You will be responsible for the assessment of Construction Certificates, Building Certificates, mandatory inspections and compliance work to control and regulate development matters in accordance with the objectives of Council and relevant legislation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Building Surveying and accreditation as a qualified Building Surveyor
- Working knowledge of relevant Regulations and Legislation
- Proven ability to write correspondence, reports, inspections and prepare submissions for legal matters
Salary range - between $1,433.80 and $1,577.20 per week + superannuation (dependent on the skills, qualifications and relevant experience of the suitable candidate).
What we Offer
Our offices are located close to shops, cafes, an aquatic centre and a gym. You will also enjoy:
- Flexible working hours providing you with work/life balance
- Annual performance bonuses and salary review
- Varied lifestyle benefits programs including an employee wellness program and discounted gym memberships
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
Please read the Position Description for the role and address the selection criteria in your online application.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 8 SEPTEMBER AT 10PM
Lane Cove Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke free workplace.