Building Surveyor / Certifier | QLD
GMA Certification Group
126 Churchill Street, Childers, QLD, 4660
Robert Mitchell - firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Surveyor/Certifier – Wide Bay
GMA Certification Group has been providing building certification since the inception of private certification in 1998 and has an enviable record or providing an efficient, cost effective and professional building approval and inspection service with the ability to issue building approvals for any building work.
An opportunity exists within our Wide Bay Regional office in Childers, Queensland for a qualified Building Surveyor/Certifier.
To be suitable for the role you will need to hold the necessary qualifications in building surveying acceptable to the accrediting body established pursuant to the Queensland Building Act to be accredited to at least the level of Assistant Building Surveyor (Level 3). The position is also open to candidates who have completed their studies in building surveying and are seeking the relevant experience to gain accreditation.
You will be responsible for the assessment of building applications submitted to GMA, undertake onsite inspections, prepare advice, correspondence, and reports on a range of building matters and liaising with clients.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- A qualification in building surveying to achieve accreditation to at least Assistant Building Surveyor (Level 3); or
- Accredited as either an Assistant Building Surveyor (Level 3); or Building Surveyor Limited (Level 2); or Building Surveyor (Level 1)
- Be in possession of a current “C” class driver’s license
- Sound level of computer skills, experience with Microsoft office applications. Experience with Visual Approvals would be an advantage
- Professional written and verbal communication skills to interact with colleagues and clients
- High organisational and time management skills with the ability to follow procedures
- Ability to manage time effectively and to achieve required outcomes within the required time frames
- Ability to solve problems within the scope of the position classification
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the requirements of the role
To apply for this position please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com