Building Inspector | VIC
Akritidis Group Building Consultants
Suite 302, 3 Chester Street
Oakleigh, Victoria 3166
Are you registered building practitioner in the category of either a building inspector limited or building inspector unlimited?
Do you want to be an integral part of a vibrant, highly skilled and enthusiastic team and experience every aspect of the role on a wide range of interesting and complex projects?
Is joining a reputable, ethical and high achieving industry leader important to you?
If you answered yes to the questions above then we need to speak with you…
Akritidis Group Building Consultants is seeking a highly motivated and driven individual with a minimum of 3 years' experience to join their established practice based in Oakleigh.
This position is offered for the first time and is only suitable for applicants who strive for excellence and are committed to a long term career path.
Our ideal candidate would possess:
- A high level of motivation and drive
- A strong work ethic and willingness to complete tasks to meet deadlines
- Able to work autonomously and unsupervised;
- Has excellent communication and customer service skills
- A focus on professionalism and integrity.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Minimum 3 years-experience with registration as a building inspector limited or building inspector unlimited with the Victorian Building Authority.
The role requires you to:
- Carrying out mandatory building inspections on Class 1a and 10a buildings;
- Carrying out mandatory building inspections on Class 2 – 9 buildings;
- Carrying out non-mandatory advice/consultancy inspections when required;
- Attending site meetings and walk-through site inspections on complex projects;
- Carrying out essential safety measures audits and review on existing buildings;
- Preparation of Section 137 owner-builder defects reports;
- Co-ordinate inspection program with other staff and sub-contractors;
- Prepare and send inspection reports including directions to fix;
- Review other staff and sub-contract inspection reports and approve for issuing;
- Provide assistance to project RBS when required;
- Generally, manage and coordinate the inspection processes and procedures on a daily basis.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience inclusive of a company vehicle, mobile phone and superannuation will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
For further details contact Joseph Kairouz on 9568 2992 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.