Building Regulations Consultant | NSW
Enhanced Building Services
Work Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 23 September 2020
Work Address: Suite 2/1 Faraday Road, Padstow, NSW 2211
Contact Information: Matthew Harriman, 1300 300 327, firstname.lastname@example.org
Enhanced Building Services is a Sydney based building regulations consultancy providing a wide range of services to the strata and commercial industry. We specialise in project management of existing building upgrades and expert witness services for Fire and Life safety building defects.
Enhanced Building Services is a relatively new consultancy in the industry and has seen substantial company growth and success. The opportunity for project manager / building regulations consultant to join the team is available
About The Role
As a building regulations consultant, you will administer and coordinate a high volume of projects. The work relate to litigation compliant building defect reports and; upgrade of the fire safety services within existing buildings.
If successful, the candidate will be expected to assist and manage a large variety of Class 2 to 9 building projects under the direct guidance of Directors.
The role will provide an extensive exposure to a wide range of residential, commercial and retails projects varying in size and complexity.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of project documentation.
- Support developing project plans, scope and specifications.
- Assist with Tender Process, including a tender responses and requests for information.
- Contract administration.
- Assist with project specific financial administration including invoices and variations.
- Assist with Contractor and Client management.
- Administer certification of "Essential Fire Safety Measures".
- Preparation of certification of building design and certification of installation certificates and preparing final fire safety certificates.
- Carrying out of building defect inspections to identify non-compliances in accordance with the Home Building Act.
- Preparation of Building Defect Reports for residential strata complexes.
- Participation in building defect claims process including negotiation with contractors and developers, lawyers, barristers, insurance companies and assessors, the Office of Fair Trading and other expert consultants.
- Supervision of defect rectification work.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Current Building & Construction tertiary qualifications. Consideration to 4th year honour students will be made.
- Hold a relevant post graduate degree, such as the Graduate Diploma of Building Surveying or be prepared to study further and obtain the graduate diploma.
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- A very good understanding and knowledge of the BCA and related Australian Standards.
- Good knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and Regulations and Home Building Act and Regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to write complex and detailed reports.
Assistance to Technical Team
- Provide assistance to Directors and Senior Project Manager by completing part assessments as required;
- Provide assessment documentation within the timeframes given;
- Familiar with all Company policies and procedures and ensure that any staff supervised abide by these policies and procedures as well;
- Be familiar with the Work Health and Safety requirements for the office and onsite;
- Recommend any changes or amendments to policies and procedures
Other requirements (e.g.: travel, on-call responsibilities):
Be flexible with working hours which may include:
- Attending meetings before & after hours or on weekends if required.
- Overnight travel to attend meetings or inspect buildings.
All applications should be addressed to Matthew Harriman and emailed to email@example.com