AIBS is committed to ensuring a safer Australia through continuous improvement and development of the profession of Building Surveying. The overarching objective of the Institute can be best be summarised as follows:
Our vision - safe compliant buildings
Success looks like:
- A consistently implemented uniform building regulatory system across Australia.
- A highly respected sustainable profession.
- Safe buildings that comply with the building code and regulations.
- An increasing and engaged loyal membership.
is to achieve the highest standard of professionalism.
This will be achieved through
- Accreditation and establishing professional standards
- Professional development
- Education and information pathways
Our values - The way we do things
We will be honest
We will be trustworthy
We will be forthright
We will stand up for what is right
We will do what is right and support others who do likewise
We will not discriminate on any basis and will accept others for who they are
We will treat others fairly and without prejudice
We will embrace diversity and encourage cohesion
We will embrace technology as a tool for improvement and efficiency
We will be agile and dynamic
We will be creative and look for ways to improve
We will do what we say we will
We will work together in a collegiate manner to achieve agreed outcomes
We will support others to succeed
We will strive to be the best we can be and to continuously improve
We will uphold the highest standards in all that we do